Off you go

This is the first of three layouts featuring my eldest son. It was just coincidence really - or maybe not as he has just left University, is about to celebrate his 21st birthday and is applying for jobs all over the place which means even more letting go and gentle encouragement from his ma!

Which is where this first layout comes in - the last one using just the Urbaine main kit
I have to be honest. The cardstock is not the same as the one in the kit. Because when I was cutting the triangle pattern on the bottom left  out of the 12 x 12 cardstock with my Cameo, I failed to make enough room on my desk for it to cut and the page was ruined. So I started again with something similar that I had. The arrows and title was cut from what was left of the original cardstock so you can see the tonal difference.

The cut file I used was a free one that was originally for an 8 x 11 1/2 page that I managed to adapt (the most advanced thing I have tried with the Cameo so far. Go me) I also cut it out of the October Afternoon Travel Girl and 7 Dots papers. The OA I cut twice so that I could use both sides of the papers. It turned out once would have been enough! I inked the triangles with Vintage Photo distress ink. In order to make the sticking down straightforward I added a scrap piece of card stock behind the holes left in the 12 x12. It did make it a lot easier!

It was going to be a fairly clean layout and then I thought - ooh I could use one of the pieces of patterned paper that I had cut the triangles out of as a mask. So I did - using Peeled Paint distress ink. And then I decided to use a few stamps and then some spots of green Studio Calico Mr Huey and lo - it wasn't clean anymore! But I decided to leave the title unadorned as a contrast. The title was cut twice to give some dimension.
 Behind the photo I layered some of the papers as well as two strips of the Elle Studio journalling tags. I sprinkled some of the spare triangles around the page and added journalling and then it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment