Wow!

While I was waiting for my Quirky Kits to arrive I stumbled across a blog where someone made their own watercolour accents for a scrap page. Naturally I
1) forgot to note whose blog it was in order to name check their idea
2) had to try it for myself

I'm no artist. I tried some flowers and they were not great. So I went for simple shapes instead and tried to use colours that would match the papers from the kit - using my computer screen for guidance! It wasn't an exact science but I went for it anyway and used some of my circles on this page along with regular embellishments from the kit

This page uses papers, ribbon, letter stickers and gorgeous wooden sequins from the Homemade kit and journalling card, die cuts, block letters and awesome wooden heart from the Sampler kit. Yes, the page features a dizzying amount of yellow, orange and shocking pink but the colour of the photos means you can get away with it (in my opinion!). The tiny letter stickers are all Cosmo Cricket from my stash.

Some close ups
Still swooning over those sequins
lots of lovely layers. I added lots of black pen to my watercolour piece which helps it stand out. The chevron die cut is mounted on foam pads. I love that ribbon and had just enough to use in the two places I wanted to. However this bottom piece was slightly too short so doesn't extend all the way behind the chevrons!


No comments:

Post a Comment