Quirky Christmas Kit Mini Album - Final part

Leo back again with the second part of the Quirky Christmas mini album ideas. I've finished my blank album now and it's all ready to start filling up throughout December. I've saved a little bit of the kit to embellish with some more as it gets filled.
Here's the finished mini album as it is now:

Last time I left it on this part with the little tag made from the flash card tags and the gilded brad:
 
 
On the next page, (this base page is part of the clipboard mini album) I've added one of the Pretty Little Studio diecuts and a little bit of one of the Maya Road kraft doilies both from the kit. The top edge of the deer diecut is not glued down just the bottom half so I can tuck a photo or memento behind it.
 
For the next page I've picked out one of the Maya Road kraft envelopes from the kit and opened up the top edge then punched in holes and covered some of the ring reinforcement stickers with glitter cardstock and added them to the holes.
 
Inside the envelope is a piece of paper ready to add a photo or memento to.
 
 
For the next page I've used one of the grid cards I included in the kit.

 These are really simple to customise with the patterned paper pad. Here's how I've done this one:
First I've cut out two pieces of the paper to 4 inches wide to fit the grid card then layered them up gluing them in place.

 
Finally I've trimmed down the top edge of the card using the edges as a guide and just added a little stamped message at the bottom. The blank space at the bottom edge will be perfect to add journaling to and then the top space a photo.
 
The next page in my album is another base page from the chipboard mini album and then all I've done is cut out one of the mini tags from the Basic Grey paper and attached some of the Lawn Fawn twine to it. the tag was then looped around the page and one of the little woodgrain tabs was glued to the page and then finally I added some sewing machine stitching to hold down the twine and keep it in place.
 
 
For the next page I've used one of the 5x5 inch sheets of card I cut out earlier and cut out a 4.5 x 4.5 inch square of paper to add to it fixing that down with a piece of the washi tape then I've added another of the cut out tags from the Basic Grey paper and one of the American Crafts pegs. The edge of the page has been finished with another one of the woodgrain tabs and some more sewing machine stitching.
 
 
The next page I've left as it is in the mini album blank as I quite liked this page just with the washi tape so my only plan is to add in the photos/mementos with the washi tape.
 
 
The next page is a little more complicated. I've a sheet of vellum to create an envelope. This is really easy to do all I did was to fold the sheet into three equal sections then trim the far end into a point and the near end with a slight dip in it then refold the sheet and stitch the open sides together.
 
I glued one of the Maya Road tags to the front and then used one of the Studio Calico Flair stickers on the flap.
 
 
The next page is another grid card but this time I've used a small scrap of the Basic Grey paper folded around the bottom edge and then glued down then added the Pretty Little Studio Poinsettia diecut on top and finished it off with a stamped message along the bottom.
 
 
The next page has one of the base pages already in the mini book as the base and then I've glued on the sequin pocket embellishment from the kit and glued one of the stamps from the Basic Grey paper and one of the Studio Calico Flair stickers.
 
 
The next page uses a grid card again.
 

For this one I've used up more of the paper scraps I had left over and added in a piece of the floral pattern. They're all cut to 4 inches wide with the floral bit 4x4 inches.
 
Then I've layered them up and glued them down to the grid card.
 
The next page is the Pretty Little Studio postcard.
 
 
On the back of the postcard there's a grid card and one of the Maya Road kraft envelopes with a little bit of the mini pompom trim. I've glued the pocket on upside down on the back of the postcard so when the page is flipped over the top is facing the viewer.
 
 
Next I've include some the die cuts from the kit, decorated with the Basic Grey paper and Studio Calico Flair. The page underneath is another base page already in the mini book and to that I've added one of the Websters Pages bags and a little stamped message.
 
The next page is an old 6x6 American Crafts page protector that I've customised.
 

I started off by slipping one of the 6x4 grid cards inside the page protector holding it so it was in the middle and so that the open edge was on the right. I then stitched along the top and bottom edge of the grid card.

I've also covered the top edge of the page protector, (where the holes are) with two pieces of patterned paper, (one on the front and one on the back, they're 1.5 inches wide strips).

Next I removed the grid card guide so I'm left with a 6x4 pocket ready for a photo to go inside.
 
The top and bottom spaces I've then filled with the veneer heart shapes and buttons from the kit. I've also added some star punch outs.

Once the pieces were inside I've sealed them in with machine stitching. Remember to leave the 6x4 space with an open edge though.

 
The next page I've used the base page already in the album and embellished it a little.
 

I've glued down some of the mini pompom trim along the left edge using some double-sided tape.

The bottom half I've added a piece of kraft cardstock cut into a pennant shape and then added a stamped message and a Flair sticker.
 
The last page is the envelope page from the mini album that I've embellished with the Pretty Little Studio Merry Christmas diecut and then one of the stamps from the Basic Grey paper.
 
 
For the back of the mini album I've made a large pocket page using a pocket envelopes. I did put one of these in the kits just in case you wanted to do the same page idea so if you were wondering what it was in there for! You could also use it as a gift card holder and decorate it the same way.
 
 
I started with the blank base and covered it on the inside with the Basic Grey paper. I've then glued down the flaps.

 
 
The top edge I've covered with another scrap of paper and then cut it to the shape of the edge.
 
Once it was covered inside I've folded up the bottom half and decorated the front with scraps of patterned paper, a kraft doily and a Websters Pages mini bag.

 
To add it to the album I've trimmed down the top edge and punched in the holes on the flap part at the top.
 
Back on the inside I've added one of the stamps cut out from the Basic Grey paper and then the glittery mini peg from the kit. The peg can be used to secure in any mementos and it also can be used as a handle to open down the pocket from the other side


That's the album in it's bare bones state complete! All that's left to do now is to fill it out through December. I'll add a couple of more posts through December to show you how I'm getting on with it. Look out too on 13th December for a special post teaming up with UK Scrappers where I'll be sharing some ideas for creating gift wrapping with your Christmas stash left overs. I'll be using my left over bits and pieces from the Quirky Christmas kit in the demo.

If you've made a mini album with the Quirky Christmas kit please let me know so I can pin them up on the kits Pinterest board. You can leave a link in the comments or email me at enquiries@craftyprincess.co.uk
 
x Leo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment