Cut up kit cards

And with the few bits and bobs left from my Quirky Kits I have made some cards. They all also feature a Paper Smooches stamp set that I love for the phrases and the fonts.
This card has a cautionary tale attached to it. The aqua circles paper has the most gorgeous pink splattered paper on the other side. I must have grabbed that as soon as the kit arrived and thought "Yum, I must use that as a background to a layout" and so hid it away with the cardstock, to make sure I didn't cut it up to use. Where it remained until I was hunting for scraps to turn into cards. So i cut it up anyway. Pah. So this card features layers of die cuts (pre made and made by me) and papers. Outlined in black because it gives dimension and contrast and I love black.

 
This one layers two die-cut cards, some of that lovely big ricrac ribbon and a chipboard button with twine threaded through.
And my last attempt is slightly more masculine than all the pink and aqua
 More of yer actual backstitching, plus some wood pieces. I cut down the big wooden tag and rounded the corners. It took the ink pretty well. Those sweet wooden hearts are a nice finishing touch.

And that is it - hardly a scrap of the kits left. As usual I have had SUCH fun with all the goodies and can't wait for the next Quirky Kit to arrive :)



No comments:

Post a Comment