Krafty Christmas

If you have any last minute Christmas cards or gift cards or tags to make I find it helps to pick out a colour scheme to stick to saving you time thinking about what to make. I added together the goodies from the September/October kits I had left over and added in some of the new kit goodies to see what I could put together. I decided on a kraft, cream, gold and silver colour scheme to make a few extra cards. With this colour scheme you could pair it with any simple paper to make some interesting gift tags too.


For all the card blanks I used Bazzill natural cardstock, (from Stitch in Time). To this card I used a piece of the star organza fabric, (from Daily Countdown) as a base. The holly leaves I hand cut out from paper, (Crate Paper Flea Market from Daily Countdown) and applied gold leaf to the edges, (Christmas Quirky Kit). The silver 'everyday' sticker is from the It's Been Lite kit and that has been added over the top of the fabric with the rest of the cards message stamped on scraps of kraft cardstock, (from Stitch in Time).


For this card I cut out a piece of Kraft cardstock into a tag shape to fit onto the front of the card, (all the cards are A6 size, (10cm x 14.5cm) to fit in standard C6 envelopes. The tag I decorated with a little spray ink and some of the Heidi Swapp stickers, (from It's Been Lite kit) and sequins, (from Sampler embellishment kit). The Twine I wrapped around the middle of the tag then tied in a knot at one end. It's fixed in place with machine stitching. The wooden arrow is from the Five Gold Stars embellishment kit.


Finally for this card I used an off cut piece of the Bazzill Natural cardstock then wrapped around some of the gold sparkle twine from the Five Gold Stars embellishment kit. The kraft doily is from the Sampler embellishment kit and that was added over the top. I then cut out a triangle of the Crate Paper Flea Market paper from the Daily Countdown kit and added that over the top using 3D foam pads to give it a bit of dimension. As a finishing touch I added the greeting stamped onto a scrap of Kraft card and one of the heart veneer shapes from the Homemade Quirky Kit Lite.

Dig around in your last kit leftovers and see what you can pair with the current kits to make up a new colour theme to use.
Have fun!
x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment