New Kit Time!

The latest Jan/Feb kits are just about ready to go out and should be shipping on Monday/Tuesday next week (10th). My gosh have I had a few headaches this last couple of weeks getting these kits done but finally after lots of last minute shuffling the new kits are finally finished! Phew.

The main kit is 'Creative Journal'. My original idea came from mixing a couple of current trends, one being using floral watercolour designs/patterns with pops of bright neon colours and the other the journal style scrapbooking with journal papers and the little card embellishments. To give it a quirky twist I wanted to use some botanical drawings somewhere in the kit and mix them with bold modern patterns like the chevron and the polka dot.

I really love that mix of the graphic stripe/chevron patterns with the botanical sketchy drawings and floral patterns. I've also included lots of neutrals in the kit along with the bright colours so you can feel confident about using the bright colours. Use the neutrals to 'ground' your photos and then add in the little touches of bright colours to make your pages 'pop' and you can't go wrong.


The smaller scale Project Life alphabet stickers I thought were a nice change too. Work them with the lined journal paper in the kit and make longer titles or use them for journalling to work in the whole creative journal style to your pages. I've added the kit details to the shop here.

The Lite Kit this time around is 'Pocket Diary'

I started out with the same idea as the main kit but with the Lite kit I've added more graphite tones so lots of greys but then there's these little pops of neon colour.

Like in the main kit there are some plain lined/ledger patterns this time in the form of Project Life Ledger cards. You could use these for journalling or as photo matts or even use the washi tape in the kit as a binder and make them into a minibook or interactive flappy journalling/ lift up embellishments on your pages. The sheet of the Jenni Bowlin 'Month of the Year' paper could be cut up into cards to use as starting points for you to make a 'page a month' album. There's a Basic Grey Fresh Cut paper going in this kit too. that I didn't get in time for the photo.

The Quirky Embellishment kit this time around is 'Junk Drawer'

The inspiration for this kit started off when I was thinking of things we keep that don't have a home, the 'Junk Drawer' and how we could be putting them into little journals or smaller scale pocket scrapbooks/binder albums. There's lots of embellishments here that are a smaller scale so great to use for regular crafting but also smaller scale scrapbooking.


All the same little pops of bright colours from the main kit are reflected in the embellishment kit too as is the botanical inspiration. I also couldn't resist adding the sheet of the Kesi'Art vellum paper or 'KALK'. I suppose it might be debatable if this comes under being an 'embellishment' but when I saw it I loved the idea of cutting out the cameras to embellish with so I went with it in the embellishment kit! It's quite unique, I've not seen a vellum like it before it's more like it's half way between a vellum paper and a transparency sheet. It'd also make a really unusual overlay sheet if you're making a journal type scrapbook mixing paper pages with pocket page protectors. I've added the kit details to the shop here.

Have lots of fun with your new kits. As always I'll be pinning ideas/inspiration to the kit Pinterest board as well as there being ideas popping up here on the blog using the new kits over the next 7 weeks. There's also the new 'Simple Sketches' printed worksheet main kit subscribers can look out for in kit boxes. It's a printed supplement with scrapbook sketches and starting points to give your crafting a kick start. If you're a cardmaker too look out for the Daring Cardmakers Quirky Kit Challenge coming up soon. I've challenged them to come up with card designs featuring neon and using items from the new kits so look out here to see what they come up with!

x Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment