Welcome to the Princess

And doesn't every princess deserve a bit of bling? Especially if she is an oriental princess?
and with gold and jade within the kit I knew it would be perfect for telling the story of the day I upstaged everyone because I wasn't given a solo part...

Yes, I used one of the sketches again - kind of. Sketch two has paper strips down the right hand side and two photos on the left with the title in the middle. I stayed true to that but my photos were smaller and I wanted the journalling to be in bits so that changed.

Before I stuck anything down I used some Heidi Swapp gold lame spray, sprinkling it using the thin end of the nozzle and also a dropper for the larger spots. This all needs to be left to dry for as long as possible!

I layered up my large photo with random papers from the kit. I added some glitter to the blue paper and the yellowy gold strip is from another of those tear off strips on the bottom. Another of those paper clips was used to anchor the mat. I thought the word "hope" was appropriate for me and that show!




Once I had added some strips of paper and some washi tapes (the gold is from the last Quirky Kit), I decided to bling up the wooden embellishment. I remembered that I have some glitter copic pens so used those to colour in the flowers. The photo doesn't really do justice to the sparkly loveliness - somehow the close up lost the shine! I also added glossy accents to the flower centres
Then my attention went to the left hand side of the page. I cut one of the Fancy Pants library cards in half and used that and some washi tape as a mat for the small photos.
Finally I used my cameo to cut out the title using a fairly oriental font. White cardstock was sprayed with the Gold Lame mist and then Glossy Accents added on the top. A Maya Road bird was adhered to draw attention to the title and all that was left was to journal the story of one small girls quest to be a star....

(And I really do remember feeling indignant at not having a solo and being on the stage. I don't remember showing myself up by singing along and spoiling it for everyone. Funny that...)


No comments:

Post a Comment