Falling in love with rubons

I have been scrapping long enough to remember the bad old rub on days. When you would spend hours (well probably about ten minutes but it seemed like hours!) with your little lolly stick going over and over the same spot and coming up with nothing stuck on but a big dent in your scrap page.

But the rub ons that come with the Beachy Peachy kit? oooooo they are sooooo good.
So I used quite a few on this layout
I began with my white cardstock and sprinkled some of the Heidi Swapp Peach Colour Shine onto the page, along with some blue Glimmer Mist that I have in my stash. While the blue mist was out I painted two thin strips of the crepe paper and left it to dry for a while.

I then assembled my papers, handcutting the Crate Paper Notes and Things so that the file tabs were visible. (the "memories" tab was cut off a section of the paper which I turned over to its gold stripe B side). The pieces were layered up with the Websters Papers Ocean View paper (which I adore) and two strips of crepe paper.

Then came fun with rub-ons. I used the stitching ones mostly
(also the Websters Pages letter stickers)

I added two more along with the fab Anchor in the kit (stuck down with Glossy Accents)

I added a few bits of paper to the top right hand side (as I seem to do a lot!) and wanted to use a rub on as well. In order to make it fit the page I melded two of the phrases together!
All that was left to do was to add some journalling

1 comment:

  1. I totally remember the old rub-on days! And I actually love rub-ons! The stitches rock!

    ReplyDelete