Enjoying a blueberry scone

the fat free version that is the main Quirky Kit that is!
Although the kit has lots of autumn tones and I am still scrapping summer pics it all still works I think - mostly thanks to the fabulous colours of those cute puffins!
I had decided that I wanted to lay them on some strips of paper but when I first put everything on the page it all looked a bit sad and bare so I decided to do a little something with the green cardstock first.
I pulled out a Kaisercraft background stamp and some orange/yellow distress inks. I don't use a stamp block with these stamps so that I can get a varied pressure and density of colour. Next I grabbed some texture paste and a stencil. It is really leaves but I think it just about gets away with looking like feathers! When that was dry I sprinkled black, gold and shimmery yellow mist about the page. And while that was drying I inked everything with loads of Black Soot ink.
I also took some of the hessian and die cut three different heart shapes with it, spraying some more of the yellow mist over it as well.
I took the oak leaves from the kit and using distress ink turned them orange to match those awesome puffin feet.
Then it was just a case of putting everything together, adding the copper satin ribbon for extra texture.
I made some embellishment clusters
and dotted some of those lovely buttons and brads around the place
In order to bring some more of that lush blue from the Heidi Swapp letters into the layout I cut into an "X"  and added the bits in two other places. The ribbon looks extra bright in the main photo but really is just a lovely tonal echo to the puffins feet and beaks.
Can you tell I like puffins?
And I love the kit even more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment