Simply sketchy

Leo put some more sketches in with the main kit this time round and I was very taken with one in a simple graphic style.
I've started to do a lot of pretend Instagram photos by cropping them square in Picasa and printing them out. These photos were mounted on white cardstock after having the corners rounded and being outlined with black pen. I loved the way that the red of the bus shelters matched the red of the cardstock in the kit but wanted to have a bit more restful white. So I gutted some white cardstock (taking 8x8 from inside) and trimmed down the red to 11 1/2 by 11 1/2. That left me enough for my photo mats and journalling block which I cut using a metal die.

I adore those wooden clouds from the Marshmallow dream bar embellishment kit so added them to the top of the page.

The rest of the layout pretty slavishly follows Leo's sketch - except that I overlapped the journalling panel with the strips of patterned paper.
I added two of the chalkboard style stickers - one of which forms the title along with some letter stickers from the last kit.
I turned the orange and cream chipboard button to red and white using sharpie pens so they would fit better with my colour scheme
and also customised the stripy paper to harmonise everything better - with black pen, washi tape and some of the green/yellow dot paper.
And finally I added journalling and a few gems. Everything looks better with a few gems :)

No comments:

Post a Comment