Breaking all the rules

I managed to squeeze out one more layout from the last set of Quirky Kits. Truth be told I still have an embarrassment of riches in terms of embellishments which are going into my QK embelly box for future use. I love diving into my treasure box for inspiration!
But I managed to use up almost all the rest of my paper with this one.
It was inspired by this sketch
and here it is

So why breaking all the rules? Because there is gold AND silver AND grey AND white AND brown all gathered together. But I like to think it works!

I decided that to help with the colour scheme I needed a little more brightness so I got out my new Kuretake watercolour paints and added bright yellow to one of the papers (the most cream coloured dot one, just so I didn't clash everything!), gold to another and blue to a third. I also trimmed some of the words from the Kaisercraft "Document" paper and coloured them with a light blue wash.
I then remembered that I had a raindrop stencil so painted on some pearlescent white and blue raindrops. In the end after sticking the paper down I decided that they would stretch across the whole page - but they didn't to begin with.

I did think about trying to make the fab gold doily silver but decided it was bound to go wrong so left it! I did use the whole thing which inspired me to start breaking those style rules. Brown word stickers, grey and gold letters, silver sequins, gold and white arrows....
I wanted to use three flair buttons but two didn't really match. One then got the krylon gold pen treatment to add extra gold stripes
The other I covered with Versamark ink and tinsel gold embossing powder. When I used my heat tool something cool happened (well, hot really). The top of the flair button expanded and then melted back down with this ridge effect. I tried heating it again to make it smooth but it won't... but I rather like it like this
I painted the back of one of the brown and white tags with blue watercolour paint and a tiny strip of gold. I added a yellow rub on. I then discovered that you can't just write on the rub on with any old pen so I had to cut off a bit of the tag with smudged writing on it. I still managed to say everything I wanted to :). I used a black brush pen
Why not see how you can break your style rules? It is a lot of fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment