Woohoo - new kits!

I'm always excited when a box of deliciousness arrives. This one came just before I have to go away for work for a few days but I did carve out a little time for play so that I could share a layout straight away.
I began with just the Fine and Dandy main kit. As I looked through photos I wanted to scrap there was another of those serendipitous moments when I realised that the pattern on one of the papers mimicked my top and the other side was a match for my friends top (it is hard to see in the photos but you can take my word for it). Another friend had dressed in the shade of the leaf ribbon and the fourth had a very similar patterned top to the other ribbon in the kit.
Have a look and see what I mean...
I started off with a blank cream cardstock and decided it needed a bit of background bling. So I used a Heidi Swapp mask with some Champagne glitter paste. When that was dry I added some sprinkles of gold, olive and pearl mists
I also added some of the glitter paste to one of the kraft tags. I also added vellum behind the heart shape, tied it up with gold thread and popped it up on foam pads.
I layered up my papers and the flowery ribbon. One of the papers was chopped with an American Crafts border punch. Every thing was outlined with black distress ink. I found the words "best friends" together on the Crate Paper Craft Market ‘Inspired’ gold foiled patterned paperand thought that would be a good subtitle. But I felt it was too heavy and so when I found "sweet" amongst the die cut words, put that in instead. Both words have extra dimension with pop dots. The middle photo got the pop dot treatment too.
By the way the frames on the photo were done using Picasa - a free photo editing programme. The frames are called Museum Matte for some reason.

I then had fun added the gorgeous pink leaf ribbon. It started off as a small accent and then somehow the whole lot got chopped up and added all over the shop. I used a pva type glue to stick down the leaves - fiddly but it meant I could twist them into different shapes.


I tried really hard to get my title straight - I stuck the letters to a ruler and everything but I think these letters are quite bendy. Anyway I like things a little wonky. If you don't you will just have to be patient and careful as you stick the letters down.
After adding my journalling, the last touch was to add some of the sequins from the kit and a sprinkling of the fabulous Crate Paper puffy stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment