More sketch love

Leo sent out a card with sketches to all those who purchased the main kit this time. They will appear on the blog for all to see in due course. This layout is based on one of the sketches which has most of the detail near the bottom of the page in a rectangle area. I've actually kept quite close to the sketch, whilst still moving things around a little - partly because I have such a large title.
which also pushed everything up a little bit. I used more of that fab Bella Blvd. Color Chaos Clear Cut Oreo Confetti - without backing it this time. NB be very careful with it. I am not the tidiest of crafters and managed to get some fibres from another crafty project on the back of the acetate. I have wiped it loads of times and there are still some little blighters best so keep it safe and pristine as much as possible in the first place is my advice!

I then took the two Pinkfresh papers and made one a photo matte (exactly the same greens and greys as my dress - result!) and cut some of the triangles out from the other one.
I decided to hand cut the title - inspired by the "dream" puffy sticker that came in the kit. I used the
Kaisercraft canvas texture cardstock and hand drew some letters. The advantage with going for a childish font is that wonky is ok! Also choosing a look that doesn't mean cutting out the centres makes it a lot less fiddly.


It was actually trickier cutting the other letters as my new Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die is not the best I am sad to say - but I do like the mix of letters you get! After outlining all the letters I added some clear Wink of Stella pen to give some extra gleam.

I put foam pads on the backs of all the letters - and then made the mistake of starting to stick them down before checking the placing. I was not happy. So I pulled up some letters - only the foam pads stuck to the acetate and wouldn't come off. I was not happy. So I had the great idea of trying sticky stuff remover. It worked! However I got some of it onto the actual card stock and it left a mark. I was not happy. Washi tape to the rescue. I was quite happy but still wished I hadn't been such a fool in the first place.

I tucked one of the Pretty Little Studio Copper Metallic labels on the left hand side with one of the Pink Fresh puffy stickers on top and did my journalling on the matching banners - these were raised with foam pads too.

 As a family we have always joked about the blacked out cab being for vampires to enjoy the sights (thinking in reality it was some kind of maintenance thing) and always look out for it as we drive past the wheel, seeing who can be the first to spot the death cab. You would think we had small children rather than the youngest being 19... It was a bit of a disappointment to find it is actually  the VIP cab (why would you choose to go in one with tinted windows and pay extra? Its a mystery to me...)

This is the first of a few layouts about our trip to the big wheel in Torquay which was part of my 50th birthday celebrations. It turns out that I have quite a few stories about this feature in our summer landscape!

No comments:

Post a Comment