Saving the best til last

Well, not exactly - but saving something from one kit to use with another. In the last set of kits was the lovely die cut phrase "Favourite photo" - uk spelling and everything. Only... I didn't have a fave at the time and then on holiday I took a candid shot which is now my computer wallpaper at home and a deserving winner of the title because it just makes me smile
 Yes, we are back to a white background. I wanted to showcase the photo, the title and
those lovely Pink Fresh acetate triangles so I kept everything  pretty sparse apart from some black soot mist sprinkles.
The bottom dusky pink strip is the branding paper from the Wanderlust Brished paper used on my last layout. Those strips are always good for a little extra border.

I had a spot of bother adhering the triangles. I tried tape and glue but they were both rather visible so I used the tiny attacher instead. If you have one of these but didn't know you could do this there is a great tutorial here that I always have to go back to as I can never remember how to do it. I was a bit heavy handed (who me?) with the stapler and bent my cardstock a bit so do be gentle.


I cut out lots of little bits of foam squares to layer up my die cut phrase - fiddly but worth it to stop it getting totally lost on the page. I did consider colouring it but I do like the white on white. 
 The last detail was journalling on the copper strips from the main kit and adding one Pink Fresh and two little MAMBI stickers to finish it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment