Veni, vidi, scrappi

I came, I saw, I scrapped it the same day!
Its very rare for that to happen but we had a lovely day out last week and it still left enough time for me to do some crafting in the evening. Result! I used the Catch a Leaf Lite kit only
The lovely Dear Lizzy Documentary Gold Foil Acetate speciality paper makes it quite difficult to photograph properly...

I layered the Patina and white cardstock, cutting out the middle of the Patina cardstock first. I sprinkled some Heidi Swapp Gold Lame glimmer mist onto the white cardstock and left it to dry. I used a LOT of that mist with these kits as you can never have too much gold in my opinion.

I cut strips of the Pink Paislee Memorandum Ledge, using both sides of the paper, plus a strip of the Pink Paislee Cedar Lane Walnut Street paper to stop the whole thing being too pastel. I stuck the camera from the Dear Lizzy paper into the top strip

 and layered the "happy" over the large middle strip. I like the way that you can see the pattern beneath as well.
The letters for the title are from the Pink Paislee Memorandum alphabet sticker booklet - another reason for the brown paper addition otherwise they would have been lost altogether.

The photos were then added - the bottom photo had foam pads stuck under it and a clothes pin on the top for decoration. A punch was used to create a little scallop border underneath using some of the spare patina cardstock.

Final touches were the lovely paper heart, some sequins from my stash and the journalling. I felt that black pen would be too harsh but the gold is quite hard to read, I have a grey pen somewhere and must dig it out as that might have been better.


1 comment:

  1. I agree, you can't have too much gold. I would not have put those papers together from the kit, so this really is inspiring - thank you

    ReplyDelete