More Fireworks

People keep saying that phrase to us - apparently it comes form a song, but not one that I know...
I fancied a coloured background - partly because I am a sucker for those Bazzill swiss dot cardstocks. I felt that Julep wasn't quite the right colour so gave most of it a wash of gesso. I then decided that I would add some more spots, to echo my dress. I used circle punches and cardstock to create masks and added Distress Ink in Blueprint Sketch Distress ink (NB you can see it is not so keen on gesso, it has a different colour to it. I quite like the look though). I added smaller circles with a champagne colour sparkle medium (just paused to order some proper gold!)

I then took some of the Shine Cheer, Memento and Twinkle papers along with  Fancy Pants Happy Place; inked them up with the Blueprints Sketch distress ink and layered them with the photo, adding in some gold glitter paper and vellum from my stash.

In order to save the letters I die cut some of the phrase from white cardstock using a stitched alphabet. I cut each letter three times and stuck them together for added dimension.

I used a pinked  circle for my journalling and finished it all off with some dots from the thickers and puffy stickers pack


And then there is this...
I was inspired by a gorgeous layout by Sian Fair. Sigh. It is so pretty it makes my heart hurt a little (in a good way). My layout somehow got thicker at the top than I meant it to be but I still like it and it means I can have another go at scrap lifting Sian's wonderful work :) 
I used the papers I had as yet not touched - the BasicGrey B-Side Well Yes Paper and the Fancy Pants Happy Place ‘All Positive’, along with the Bazzill Taffy Card Shoppe cardstock. 


I created long strips of various sizes and a focal point at the top with some of the stickers and paper phrases from the kit, along with my other flair badge. Placement was decided by the fact that I cut the pink paper in the wrong place to make it fit and needed to cover the join. You didn't guess, right?
 then came the title. I just couldn't use all of the thickers (although I am not perilously close to running out of a and e) so added in some black letter stickers.
At the end I covered my photo and liberally sprinkled gold and black mists.

I reckon I can squeeze another layout out of this wonderful kit - and I think I will make it a non holiday one. There is only so much sunny weather I can look at in these dark winter days. But looking at the kit still makes me smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment