Simple...but colourful

Hey everyone I back with a couple more projects you could try over the weekend with the current kit. Our new kits will be with us before we know it and your in for a treat! Lets talk you through how I made this layout.

Products I used: From the Main Kit
-Simple Stories Carpe Diem - Make it Happen 12x12 cardstock
- Pink Fresh Studio Felicity - Happy Words cardstock (b side)
- Pink Fresh Studio Felicity - Die Cuts
From the Lite Kit:
- Simple Stories Carpe Diem - Bits & Pieces
From the Embellishment Kit:
- Pink Fresh Studio Puffy sequin stickers
- Simple Stories Carpe Diem Chipboard Stickers


How I put it together:
I started off by cutting a 4" by 12" strip of the Felicity Happy Words cardstock (B Side) and adhered it to the centre of my background. I then stuck my photo in the centre. I used the Pic Stich app to put the two photo's side by side and turned it black and white before printing them on my Canon Selphy (I'm obsessed with black and white photographs at the moment I think they add depth and mystery to photos).

I knew I only wanted a tiny bit of journalling on this layout so I chose one of the tags from the Simple Stories Carpe Diem bits and pieces pack which came with the Lite kit. After I'd attached that where I wanted and wrote my journalling I proceeded to surround the photo's with Ephemera from both the Carpe Diem Bits & Pieces from the Lite kit, and Pink Fresh Studio's Felicity Die cuts. I also used some of the Carpe Diem Chipboard stickers from the Embellishment kit. I arranged the pieces around the photograph creating a frame for my focal point, the photograph.
Finishing off this simple, but pretty layout I popped some of the Pink Fresh Studio Puffy sequin stickers here and there so to add some dimension.

*The "If you can dream it you can do it" sticker I added from my stash.
I hope you like this layout. I really like how it turned out. If your looking to make a page about one photo (or 2 small ones) this is a great technique to try.

I'll be back soon with my next post...keep your eyes peeled...the next one is a bit more technical!

Happy Scrapping everyone xx
~Zoe~



No comments:

Post a Comment