Made for each other

If I am honest when I first saw the Pink Paislee Take Me Away #13 paper in the Hooray Main Kit I was completely stumped as to what to do with it. The other side was usuable but the houses seemed too pretty to ignore. And yet what would be the right photo to use? When I am ready to scrap I print out at least 6 sets of photos and then see where inspiration strikes. I was thumbing through the photos when I gasped, because behind 4 of us sitting on a boat were houses almost identical to those on the paper. Just look!
 Isn't that amazing! I trimmed one row of the houses and decided to use the warm Roselle cardstock as my base. Once the houses were done everything else came together really quickly.

 I matted the photo with a yellow block from the other side of the #13 paper then I cut a few strips of other papers to give my photo something to rest on. When that was all stuck down I dotted some of the Nuvo drops underneath. Its always a bit of a risk using this sort of product in a long line like this as sometimes one blobs bigger or not at all, but I am impressed with the consistency of the drops. I then decided to add a white border around my cardstock and to write my journalling in white pen. I thought black might be too heavy.

I love the Freckled Fawn Resin Doodle Frames and tried one out at first circling the pasty but that cut off my mother in law's head and I didn't want that! So instead I traced it on white paper, cut that out and stuck the two together as an anchor for my title. I used some old thickers but I might still change them out for something with a lighter look in due course (sometimes it is good that Thickers don't always stick so well!)


Some of those lovely wood veneer shapes,  a big label and some puffy hearts from an old Quirky Kit came next (Fancy Pants Happy Place Words & Shapes Puffy Stickers. I've used them on so many layouts and still loads left!). And finally the journalling and some more Nuvo drops round the edge. Notice I didn't dare go all the ways round.



I'm glad that I have scrapped this photo but unexpectedly finding the perfect paper makes me even more happy!   

2 comments:

  1. Great way to use the houses - as you say, they are too cute to ignore! I am SO envious of your beautiful handwriting!! :o)

    ReplyDelete