Amazing Lego

Hey Guys! I'm back, as promised, with my 3rd layout! Can you believe I've had my kit a week and already posting my 3rd layout. As I type this up I've already created my fourth and well on my way through my 5th plus...you can make so much out of these kits. This month I am actually planning on doing a post to show you what I will have left after my attempt to "kill" the kit. But more about that on a later post...

Here's my 3rd layout, what I used and how I created this look:

From the Main Kit:
- 1 sheet of smooth white cardstock
- Simple Stories The Reset Girl Speckle 12x12 paper
- Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills Blue Valley 12x12 paper
- American Crafts Jen gold glitter Thickers
- 1 of the cut-apart labels
From the Hazel Pocket Card Set:
-1 of the 4x6 cards
From the Extras Store:
- Pink Fresh Studio Studio Puffs
- Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills Moorland 12x12 paper

Before I laid anything down on the paper I looked at my photo's of the Lego statues that I'd taken in Swindon's Outlet Village, and thought hmm I want to make a lego like effect..so I grabbed my 1 inch circle punch and started punching pieces from all the papers listed above. The pink and white circles were actually punched out of one of the 4x6 cards from the Hazel set. To create this look you will need 6 of each pattern you choose to use to make three lines of five circles.
After I'd punched them all I popped them all up on thin double sided pads, I didn't want them too high, just to give a little dimension and to resemble the look of Lego.

I backed my photo's onto The Reset Girl Speckle paper (the dark plus sign side) to make them stand out from the rest of the patterned papers.
When it came to choosing my title I knew I wanted Lego in it somewhere, but I hit a wall cause I had no L's left! Oh No! What do I do?? I turned a number 7 upside down of course and to be honest you really can't tell... hehe now that's what I call crafty!



I used the Amazing puffy sticker from the Studio Puffs for the rest of my title and added the Today puffy sticker directly onto the photo. I Finished off an already very busy layout with a simple but pretty cut-apart label sticker so I could journal where the photo's were taken...and that's it! Nice simple, easy, but effective layout.
This technique is a great way of using up some scraps of paper you may have left and not sure what to do with them..Don't throw them away...there's always something you can make with scraps. Go ahead scrap-lift my idea and show me how your's turned out on the Quirky Kit Subscribers Facebook group. I'd love to see them! :D
I'll be back next week with my 4th Layout! Have a happy, scrappy weekend everyone! x

No comments:

Post a Comment