Mary Poppins!

 Hello Everyone, I'm a bit late uploading these this month, but those of you who are on the Quirky Kits Subscribers Facebook group will already know why...wisdom teeth problems...say no more!

I wanted to finish my Disneyland Paris album before the new year...yep failed that! So I figured I'd go back and create a layout using the Nov/Dec Quirky Kit to show you how versatile they are..This was a winter based kit and I've used it for a Disney layout..I'm really pleased with it too.
Here's what I used and how I created this layout...

What I Used
From the Main Kit:
-1 Sheet of White 12x12 Cardstock
- Shimelle Go Now Go Date Patterned Paper
- Simple Stories #Whatever #Nailed It Patterned Paper
- American Crafts DIY Foiled Star Transparency Sheet
- American Crafts Amber Foam Thickers

From the Embellishment Kit:
- American Crafts DIY shop gold sparkle twine
- American Crafts Follow Thickers
- American Crafts Candy Stripe Paperclips
- Tonic Studio's Perfect Gold Glitter Bows
- Tonic Studio Perfect White Star Flower Embellishments


How I created my Layout:
I started this layout by deciding where I wanted my photographs as I had one vertical and one horizontal...which for me is always awkward to play with on a layout and I often struggle to know what to do with them. I decided on centre placement as I wanted the photographs to be the main focus.
I cut a 5"x 12" piece from the DIY Shop gold star transparency sheet by American crafts, and used some red liner tape to adhere this in the centre of my page.
I then cut the red/white branding strip off of one of the patterned papers in the main kit and placed this slightly over the transparency so the tape underneath wasn't visible. I did the same with the bottom strip, cutting a branding strip sized piece from the Simple Stories #Nailed it paper.
I then laid the American Crafts Amber Thickers at the top of the photo, and the Follow Thickers at the bottom. As pictured below...



I thought it needed something in the left hand corner and wanted to try something a little different. I got a piece of the DIY Shop gold twine and adhered it under the paper with some double sided tape to make a corner. I then looped on three of the candy stripe paper-clips and to those used some silicone glue to attach the Tonic Studio Star Flowers on top.

I finished off my layout by cutting another piece of the gold twine and popping it under the vertical photo of Mary Poppins and attaching a gold bow to bring all the gold elements together. I then popped my journalling under that photo and voilà!

Just goes to show if you think outside of the box you can create anything! I am glad to add this addition to my Disneyland Album...only another hundred layouts to go!!
I will be back later with my next layout using this lovely kit. Be sure to share your creations over on the Facebook group and I love to see what you've all done with the kits.
Until my next post...Happy Scrapping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment