Garden

This is my first layout using the gorgeous March/April kits! I decided to take the 'Rainforest' theme quite literally and use the Succulents paper with a leafy photo of me, my brother and my cousin in the Lost Gardens of Heligan. I cut it into circles and arranged them diagonally across the page and decided some soft watercolouring behind would add a nice touch. 
 I built up the paint in layers and topped it off with some splatters. I used a staple in the centre of each circle (hint: I stapled first then glued them down!) I used minimal layering behind the photo so I wouldn't cover too much of my watercolour.
 I love how the butterflies add dimension without making the page busy. I adhered them in the centre then used the Nuvo Jewel Drops to make them stand out more.
 I was not in a title creating mood so went for a very basic 'garden' with the cute mint Elle's Studio Letter Stickers. I loved how it coordinated with this adorable arrow paperclip, so I put it underneath very subtly(!) pointing to our heads.
 A few bits of ephemera added to the layers and I topped it all of with a sprinkle of puffy stickers and journalling.

Thanks for looking at my layout, if you want to see my process please check out the video below:


No comments:

Post a Comment