The day job

Another of Leo's creative suggestions this time round was to make a background out of the cards and cut apart sheet. I rummaged through the kit and the photos I had ready to scrap to see what would work best and the colours came together like this. (perhaps more in my head as I know the colours of the skirt I am wearing which is orange, yellow and black with little foxes on it, this is the dress version, fact fans). Also helped by being next to Macmillan with their green logo!


This came together really quickly as I just picked out the cards that appealed either by colour or what they said or even better, both.
The final look of the page was driven by trying to find letters to spell out "the day job". My craft space floor was covered with loads of old thicker packets trying to find enough vowels to make up the words. Finally this set from an old Quirky Kit came up trumps. But it did mean that everything else had to have the goldfinger treatment. I covered up the paper while I threw gold mist all over the place 

I added gold metallic pen to that lovely little heart and used it to write my journalling - which does make it harder to read from a photograph
And finally the Nuvo jewel drops from the kit came to play alongside gold and green liquid pearls to tie everything together
 

No comments:

Post a Comment