You Got This Girl | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | March/April 2017

Hello Friends,

So, we're fast approaching the next kit being released and I'm sure you're down to just a few scraps of paper left by now. I certainly am.

I absolutely loved the Bella Blvd paper, Magnifique from the Main Kit. I just couldn't bring myself to use a whole sheet as the background so I decided to fussy cut the top and bottom clusters from the paper and save the middle flowers for another layout.




I decided to make these flowers stand out a lot more, I would use black cardstock.

I love the contrast between black and the colours in the flowers. 







I next chose my photo. Sometimes I choose the photo and work my papers around the photo.  I did the complete opposite on this one. I chose the paper that I was hoarding and didn't want to use (it was just tooooo pretty!!) and had a flick through some photographs that I had printed, and I found the perfect photo. The colours in my jumper matched perfectly the light pink in the flowers and the colour of my nieces clothing matched perfectly the dark pink colour in the flowers. 




I didn't want to over embellish this layout as it was busy with the flowers. So I used one of the cut parts from Jillibean Soup, Bite Size Bits Papers. Beneath this I layered a couple of the 3x4 cards from the pocket page kit to bring in some of the yellow from the flowers. 








I created a small cluster to the top right of the photo. I used a heart die cut from the Elles Studio Live Laugh Love Bits and Pieces and layered a yellow heart sticker from the Jillibean Soup sticker sheet from the Lite Kit. I then added a square pink sticker that says "just be you" and a row of hearts, which were all from the sticker sheet. 

I added in a couple of tiny word stickers (Tim Holtz) from my stash to bring some white into the cluster and added a couple of mini staples.




Although the black cardstock gave me the contrast that I wanted, it did feel somewhat empty in the open spaces. So I watered down some white acrylic paint and splatted some over the bigger black areas on the page. This led me to thinking about doing a space type layout with the same technique!! So I jotted that one down in my book of inspiration to go back to later and revisit that idea. 



And here is the completed layout. I did add another flower to the bottom left of the 3x4 card and secured it with a brad (from my stash) and I was really pleased with out this one turned out. Its really spurred me into using the remnants of the paper on my next layout. Be sure to keep a look out for that one over on the Crafty Templates Facebook group.

If you have any questions or if you want to just reach out and say Hiya!! then leave me a message down below.

Happy Scrapping Friends! x

No comments:

Post a Comment