Double the trouble

Hi Leo here!

This double layout's kept me busy for a few days now. I started out with the idea to do a pocket page then still had a 6x4 photo to scrap from the same photos so I decided to make it into a double layout with a single page on the opposite side. The pocket page is a Design A page protector that I've adapted using sewing to give it 12 3x4 size pockets by just sewing with the machine down the middles of the 6x4 pockets to split them into two. I've then filled in with the pockets using the cards and embellishments from the kit and I've added some more embellishments from the embellishment kit. The Pinkfresh chipboard was in the last custom card kit so I had a few of those to use up.

 
The pocket shaker card was created by filling the pocket with the sequins and the die cut, (from the lite kit) then I've stitched around it to seal them inside.
 
Next the single page, it's a 9x12 size as I like to mix up my pages in my album. I've started the layout the day before by sewing the 'go' part of the title right on to the Heidi Swapp paper from the main kit. I used the die cut letters from the last main kit, (March/April) to draw around then stitched along the lines. The rest of the title I used a circle of patterned paper, (one from the lite kit, I'm using up lots of the scrap bits I have left over) and I've added a banner over the cut edge that itself is cut from a custom card turned to the white side and the letter stickers are fixed over the top. I started the layout basing it on the take 5 challenge that UK Scrap Addicts are running right now.  I picked the 'use numbers' part of the challenge and there are five others I needed to incorporate, 'use a patterned background, use a half sheet of stickers, use embossing powder and use a large title. So this is the point I need to use some numbers and I made a count down from 10 to 1 to run along the circle, (guess at this point it's a semi-circle?) edge.
The embossing powder element I worked in using a tiny heart stamp and some turquoise embossing powder over them. They're kind of scattered around the background. After those I added some more enamel dots from the lite kit. and my leftover sticker sheet is the tiny butterfly stickers that were in the custom card kit.

 
To finish it off I've gathered the scrap paper pieces I wanted to use and made some more in the same shape by cutting some of the pocket cards from the custom card kit in half. My photo I've trimmed down a little then matted it to one of the 6x4 custom cards. On one of the pieces I've sewn a star like I created on the video in subscribers group last weekend.

 
To start with I'm going to add my photo and because I know I want to add more around it I'm just added my adhesive to the middle on the back of my photo. I've added it to the page with the 'moon and back' paper from the lite kit behind it.

 
I love this glitter tape in the custom card kit it's all the look of glitter with none of the messy application! To use it I've cut the top corner off a piece to make it into a kind of arrow.

 
I've then added the tape over the top at a slight angle to try to show movement, like come on let's go! :)

 
Now I'm just mirroring the elements on both sides using the paper pieces I have and another piece if the tape.




 
I still felt it needed a little more to bring the eye up from the photo to the title so I've use the tiny heart stamp again and added a little more yellow.


 
And here's finally my finished layout!
 

 
Hope it's given you some idea on how to use the custom card kit cards in different ways. :) xx Leo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment