You Leave Pawprints on my Heart

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well!
Well I have been a busy bunny in the last few days. I think I've now made eight layouts with this July/August kit, and I still have a tonne of product left..

Today I am coming at you with the second layout I made using the kit, and this is the first time I've tried stitching on a layout. You may have also noticed my thickers are not from this kit. They are from previous kits but the colours matched perfectly with the Pretty Little Studio embellishment pack from the main kit.

So without further ado, here's what I used and how I created the layout. Enjoy x

From the Main Kit: 

  • Maggie Holmes Carousel Marquee 12x12 patterned paper (both sides)
  • 1 White Doily 
  • Pretty Little Studio Hello Word navy stickers
  • Pretty Little Studio Dream Big die cuts
  • Pretty Little Studio Happy Ticket die cuts
  • 1 pink label from the Tourist coordinating die cuts pack
From Previous Kits:
  • Pink Fresh Studio Life Noted Yellow Puffy Alpha
  • American Crafts Imprint Glitter Blue Thickers
I started this layout by drawing a big heart in pencil. I then used my Sizzix Stamper's Secret Weapon pad and Pokey tool to poke holes in the shape of the heart I'd drawn. I then erased my lines and began to sew the heart...and sew...and sew lol It took a little while but leaves a great effect as pictured below.


I then reached for my photo and layered both sides of the Carousel Marquee paper beneath it and also added a doily for interest and texture. The "It's the little things" sticker was added from the Pretty Little Studio Navy pack and a couple of hearts and flowers from the Pretty Little Studio ephemera pack.

I then began to lay my title down. For this I used a PFS yellow puffy alpha and a blue glitter Thickers pack from previous Quirky kits as the colours matched perfectly. I'm not sure if you can notice or not, but I ran out of E's with the yellow puffy stickers so I cut up an F and an I to make another E. It's there, but not overly noticeable. 

Then came the embellishment cluster...


For this I used the Pretty Little Studio ephemera pack again, one of the tickets from the Pretty Little Studio Happy Tickets pack and also a label from the Tourist coordinating die cuts pack.
To Finish the layout I added some watercolour paint splatters in a diagonal motion down the layout making sure not to get any on my photograph.

And that's the finished layout!


This one took a little longer then my usual layouts due to all the sewing but I really like how it turned out and I will be doing some stitching in future layouts so be sure to look out for that.
But that's all from me today. Until later this week...

Happy Scrapping Everyone! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment