Amazing - Natalie Jan/Feb 2018 Kits


Hello everyone,

I'm here today with my first layout created using the Jan/ Feb Quirky Kits.

Supplies used:

Main Kit:

- Pinkfresh Studio Let Your Heart Decide Impulse 12 x 12 Paper
- Pinkfresh Studio Let Your Heart Decide Stitched Frames

Extras Shop:

-  Pinkfresh Studio Let Your Heart Decide Puffy Stickers
 - Pinkfresh Studio Let Your Heart Decide Cardstock Stickers
- Pinkfresh Studio Let Your Heart Decide Epoxy Heart Stickers



When I opened my kit I knew immediately that I wanted to use the beautiful stitched frames to create a layout. I tried a few different arrangements but decided to use them in a simple grid. The aperture of the frames is 3x3 inches, but I wanted my photos to have a white border around them so I printed them slightly smaller than this. I printed in black and white as the frames are very bright and wouldn't match the colours in my photos. 

I used the Impulse 12x12 paper as my background as it is subtle enough but adds more interest than plain white cardstock.


Because the frames are already embellished and have stitching, you can make this layout super simple and quickly. However I decided to add a few extra embellishments, trying to keep the same colours together. So to the red frame I added a red flower and wavy border sticker both from the puffy stickers, and an epoxy heart. 


To the beautiful blue frame I added a puffy bird and heart sticker, and an epoxy heart sticker.


To the yellow frame I added a puffy heart and wavy border sticker to the bottom left. The top right had a blue heart stitched on but this did not match my colour scheme, so I removed that heart, and added a puffy flower sticker to hide the holes from the stitching. So if the frames don't work for you, you can always adapt them! 



For the final frame I decided to add my journalling and title rather than a photo. I wanted to use the puffy "amazing" sticker as my title but it was quite small alone, so I decided to incorporate it into my journalling. I added an epoxy and a puffy heart to the bottom right. 
Again I edited this frame because there was a hanging terrarium in the top right, which didn't match my layout at all, so I removed that and added a small tab from my stash to hide the stitching holes again!




So overall a very simple and easy layout, I hope it inspires you to use your frames up! 

Natalie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment