It's All Good | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | November/December 2017 (Catch Up)

I loved making DIY embellishment clusters and used one on my last layout and again on this one. It really helps the layout come together so quickly and is great if you don't have much time for scrapping and want to get a quick layout done in-between cooking dinner, sorting the kids out or even when you are lacking inspiration!!




So I grabbed one of my DIY clusters for this layout and this had the title already done for me too!! This is just a layer of custom cards, a tag and some stickers - all co-ordinating from the same kit (November/December 2017 kit).


I added in some stamping using a stamp and some black Versafine ink from my stash.




I was running low on papers from this kit when I made this layout so decided to cut all of my leftover papers into strips to use as my main design feature.

I layered these over each other and created a vertical strip down the page, adding in labels and stickers as I went.

I even ran a few of the strips through my sewing machine to create some extra texture but you could add some hand stitching instead if you don't have a sewing machine.

A few enamel dots were doted around also to add some dimension.





The layout was looking very "straight" so to combat this I added in some circular elements. I found a yellow circle sticker from the Good Vibes sticker sheet and a matching custom card which I punched out using a circle punch. You could always use a circle die for this or hand cut one of your own design. I then added in a third circle which is a label sticker to add some more ghost stamping.

I layered my photo on a contrast paper (I used the black and white stripes paper to make it pop against all the colour). And hey presto - layout complete!!

No comments:

Post a Comment