Social Butterflies | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Jan/Feb 2018

So - as soon as I saw that Vicki Boutin paper full of butterflies and moths, I knew that it was destined to be fussy cut. So I sat in front of the TV one evening with an episode of Walking Dead and set to fussy cutting out the whole paper.

Next I look at the photos in my stack that need scrapping and I found the perfect photo to use.


This photo had the same colours as the butterflies and knew that this was the photo destined to be scrapped.


The green, blue and orange that we were all wearing matched perfectly with the colours, and the black and white from the alphas covered the black and white in the photo also.

It was almost like this paper had been made for this photo!!


Look at those butterflies (and moths!!). I love them!! I staggered them up the page in a slight diagonal but keeping the colours together and almost in a rainbow order.

I used the paper from Paige Evans with all the sentiments on to add in colour on colour embellishment and again, the colours matched perfectly. I drew around each of these banner pieces with a fine line black pen to help them pop a little and to add a little more black into the layout.

You can probably spy some splashes of Gold Heidi Swapp colour shine (from my stash) and this set the whole layout off nicely. The only thing I would do differently if I were to recreate this is to put the splatters down first and then add the butterflies and embellishments on top. But hey ho!  I did sneak in a few little star wood veneers too from my stash.


And here is the final layout. Butterflies and rainbows really work well together and the Vicki Boutin and Paige Evans papers that are in this kit work perfectly together. I chose a title that would tie the photograph and the butterflies together and this layout is finished.


Stay tuned for plenty more inspiration coming your way very very soon!!

1 comment: