Grateful

Hello everyone!
I am back with my 3rd layout using the March/April kit. This time I wanted to focus on the XO paper from Webster's Pages The Good Life collection called Hugs and Kisses.
When I saw this paper in the extra's store I knew I had to add another sheet to my basket  because it reminded me of noughts and crosses and that's exactly what I wanted to create. So here are the items I used and how I created my layout...

From the Main Kit
  • Pink Fresh Studio Be You - Ephemera Pack
  • Pink Fresh Studio Be You - Brave 12x12 patterned paper
  • Webster's Pages The Good Life - Hugs and Kisses 12x12 patterned paper
From the Lite Kit
  • Pink Fresh Studio Be You - True 12x12 patterned paper
  • Pink Fresh Studio Be You - Kind 12x12 patterned paper
From the Embellishment Kit
  • One Canoe Two Twilight - Wood Veneer embellishment pack
I started by gutting the middle out of the Webster's Pages XO paper as I wanted to save as much of that as possible for future layouts. That left me with a border which I adhered the B side of the PFS Be You Kind paper onto. 
I then cut half inch strips of the PFS Brave patterned paper (B-side) and adhered two vertically and two horizontally to form the noughts and crosses grid. 
From the XO paper I had gutted I cut out equal X's and O's and arranged them randomly in the grid squares, but making sure one of the rows was all X's.
I was then able to matt my photo onto the PFS True (B side) paper and mounted it with foam tape to make it stand out from my busy background.


Then came the embellishing. I used the mason jar and grateful wood veneers from the Twilight collection and placed a couple of pieces of ephemera behind it before I stuck it all down. Mason jar was also mounted on 3D foam tape.



Using some more of the ephemera from the main kit, I placed a journaling spot on the middle left square along with a couple of leaves, which I felt complimented my photo really well. I finished off by placing three wood veneer acorns in a triangle format and another leaf in the top right hand corner to complete my layout.






No comments:

Post a Comment