Perfect Getaway

Hey everyone, Zoe here!
What a heatwave gah, I'm hating it sooo much. I don't know about you but It's even putting me off scrapbooking...if that's possible! haha
Luckily we had a couple of cooler days last week, so once I got back from my holiday, I was able to sit down and create a couple of pages. This first one features the lovely Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush South Beach paper from the Main kit. I was almost certain that I would use the B side of this paper as I usually back away from big/elaborate designs, but it just goes to show, if you have the right embellishments and photo's to go with it, anything is possible!

Firstly here is what I used and how I created this layout.

Main Kit:
  • Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush - South Beach 12x12 patterned paper
  • Crate Paper Wild Heart - Foiled speciality paper
  • Crate Paper Wild Heart - Sticker sheet
Lite Kit:
  • Crate Paper Wild Heart - Chill phrase Thickers
Embellishment Kit: 
  • Pink Fresh Studio - The Mix #2 Puffy Stars
  • Pink Fresh Studio -  The Mix #2 Cardstock ephemera pack
Custom Card Kit:
  • 1) 3x4 card
And here is how I created the layout:

I started off by choosing to print my pictures slightly smaller than 3x4. To do this I used my Silhouette design software on my PC, sized them, and printed them out onto photo paper. 
I knew I wanted to use one of the Custom cards for my journaling, so I laid the 2 photographs either side of that with the bottom corners slightly tucked under the card and adhered them all down, making sure to put the double sided tape in the middle of the card and photo's in case I wanted to layer anything around the edges of them later (which I did)



I then decided I wanted my title to frame the 3x4 card and photos and draw attention to that area, so I picked the Perfect Getaway phrases from the thickers sheet that came in the Lite Kit and popped it above and below the card.

I felt the photographs looked a bit naked on the page and needed a little something, but I didn't want to add more papers, as the backing paper was already busy. I grabbed the wild heart speciality paper and cut a 4 inch strip from it, saving the rest for another project, and cut out 2 of the banana leaves from it and placed those under the left and right photo's. I knew then that I needed to incorporate this in other places on my layout, so I started working on my 3 clusters. This time in a diagonal format.

The top right hand corner features 2 pieces of the Pink Fresh ephemera layered onto a banner sticker from the Wild Heart sticker sheet, and a glittery heart to pull in that gold/coppery foiling.

I had now brought a pop of yellow into the mix so I used another piece of the ephemera in the bottom left hand corner, which also featured yellow, and the same aqua colour, added another copper heart and some stickers with the same colour tones in from the Wild Heart sticker sheet.
To finish off the layout I carried on with the yellow and added two PFS puffy stars next to the top part of the title, and a foiled paradise found sticker to the left photograph.

I measured the space available in the journaling part of the 3x4 card and made my page that big on the Silhouette design software, so I knew what I had to work with. I typed up my journaling, printed it off and adhered it to the card...Layout complete!

I love that I'm using more bold statement papers. I really do encourage you to go out of your comfort zones, because sometimes, it might just surprise you!
I hope you like my layout, and I will see you soon with a pocket page spread.
Until then... Happy Scrapping!! xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment