Time to explore Brixham (July/August #1)

Hello everyone, I am here to share with you my first layout using the July August Quirky kit. This one is a pocket page style layout. My project life for this year is a bit all over the place at the moment. I usually work from month to month (some months have more layouts than others depending on what I've done in that particular month) but I have been working on April one minute, then skipping to June, then May...now I've done one from July! AND not only that but I've also mixed this page up a lot too, using items from this new kit, plus the last kit as I still have a tonne left, and the alpha on the title card is from an older kit too...
Without further ado...here is what I used and how I created my spread.

Main Kit:
  • CP Maggie Holmes Willow Lane - Violet 12x12 patterned paper (B-Side)
  • PFS Simple & Sweet - Ephemera Pack
  • Pebbles Jen Hadfield My Bright Life - Blue Garden 12x12 patterned paper
Custom Card Kit:
  • 1x Peach Tag
  • 1x 3x4 card
Previous Kits:
  • CP Here & There - Postcards 12x12 patterned paper (May/June Main Kit)
  • CP Wild Heart - Sticker Sheet (May/June Main Kit)
  • Kaisercraft Sea Breeze - Cardstock Alpha Stickers (May/June Lite Kit)
Other Items:
  • PFS Life Noted - Yellow Puffy Alpha
  • PFS The Mix #2 - Pink Puffy Alpha
For this layout I started with the main title card pocket, as for me, these are always fun to do, and gives me a chance to express my personality through embellishing etc.
I cut the Willow Lane Violet paper into 4 6x4 pieces and used these to back the 6x4 photo's as well as the title card. The four 3x4 cards are taken from a strip of the Jen Hadfield Blue Garden paper. I love how the colours matched not only each other, but also my photographs.
My title was created using 3 different alphas as well as a piece of ephemera from the main kit that says "explore". I also used the banner and flower pieces of ephemera to finish off this card.

The middle cards feature pieces of the PFS Simple & Sweet ephemera as well as some stickers from the Wild Heart sticker sheet from the previous kit.

Finally the journal card was created using a 3x4 card from the current custom card kit, and also the peach tag, which I layered on top. I used a postcard from the Here and There sheet from the previous kit, plus more stickers from the Wild Heart sticker sheet. I added a small piece of twine from my own stash to finish the tag off and typed up the journaling in my Silhouette software.
And here is the finished spread:
I love how the colours add to the nautical theme for this spread, and the tropical elements from the previous kit complimented it perfectly. Sometimes it's good to hold stuff back like this for the perfect photo's rather than just using it for something that may not necessarily work. 
I will be back next week with my 2nd layout using the July/August kit, and that is going to be featuring some stitching :D
Until then...Happy Scrapping Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment