Our Perfect Memories

Hello everyone! I am here with my first layout using the September/October Quirky Kit.
Below you will find a list of all the items I used and then step by step of how I created this pretty layout.

What I used:
From the Main Kit:

  • Kaisercraft Misty Mountains Die Cut sheet
  • Kaisercraft Misty Mountains rose gold foil 12x12 sheet
  • Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 Puffy Stickers
  • Vicki Boutin Field Notes - Collect and Document 12x12 sheet
From the Embellishment Kit:
  • Pink Fresh Studio Simple and Sweet gold puffy alpha
  • Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 die cut foiled journaling cards
  • Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 enamel dots
From the Lite Kit:
  • Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills 2 - Ridge 12x12 sheet
From the extras shop:
  • Kaisercraft Misty Mountains Die Cut pack
Here is how I created my layout...
I started off by finding a 12x12 patterned paper that matched the Kaisercraft Misty Mountains die cut sheet, so I chose the PFS Indigo Hills 2 Ridge paper. I felt the beautiful sunset ombre colours really complemented the flowers on the die cut and also the dress I am wearing in the photograph.
I then backed my photograph on the orange side of the Vicki Boutin paper from the main kit, leaving about a quarter inch border all round.
I then cut out my title from the words on the Kaisercraft Misty Mountains foiled 12x12 paper, that read Perfect Memories, and matched these up with the PFS Simple & Sweet gold puffy Alpha's from the Embellishment kit. 
After creating my title, I focused on where and how I wanted to put my journaling. I browsed through the PFS Indigo Hills 2 Journaling cards pack and and chose a navy blue and gold foiled one, to bring out some of the blues on both the die cut and backing papers. 
Once I'd written out my journaling, It was time to embellish. I used one of the puffy hearts from the Indigo Hills 2 puffy sticker pack, 2 navy enamel dots and one lilac from the same collection, and the butterflies, heart strip, and flower pieces came from the Misty Mountains die cut pack, which I purchased from the Extras store.
Here is the finished layout. I love how all these colours compliment each other perfectly. I can't wait to create my other layouts using this beautiful kit. I'm also loving all of the layouts you're sharing on the Facebook group! It great to see the wall full of colour and inspiration.
I will be back with my 2nd layout on the 24th November so be sure to look out for my sneaks in the FB group :D
Until then...Happy Scrapping xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment