Red | Guest Designer Laura Rumble | Twilight Moon Kit

Hi guys, Laura back with another guest designer layout.

I was struck by the gorgeous autumnal colours featured in the patterned papers.  What better way to show them off than with leaves and acorns?  It also meant I got to play with my new toy, a Gemini Junior.  It turns out I quite like die cutting!  I also fussy cut a few of the leaf sprigs from the Pink Fresh Mesa paper.


I based my layout on a sketch I had drawn up earlier this year.


I fixed the leaves in place with a little glue and then ran the layout through my sewing machine using a couple of different coloured threads.  My favourite part of my guest designer package was the Custom Cards - so much so that I have signed up.  I pulled a few of my favourite cards to layer behind my photo and to cut into a heart shape embellishment.


In the Pink Fresh Mesa paper there are a few pops of acid yellow that really zing amongst the other colours.  I added in some tangled thread and a few sequins from my stash in the same colour.  To finish I added a title with the bold black alphas included in the kit.


Here's the video so you can see my process


Thanks for stopping by

3 comments: