London - Natalie

Happy New Year everyone! 

I'm back today with a super simple Project Life style layout to match my previous layout.
Have you all finished scrapbooking your December photos, or like me have you not even looked at your Christmas photos yet? I know I'll still be using my kit throughout January as I catch up! 

Supplies used:

Main Kit:
- Crate Paper Merry Days Frosty Days Paper
- Crate Paper Merry Days specialty vellum

Extras Shop:
- Crate Paper Merry Days ephemera pack

Own Stash:
- Wooden alpha - we had a similar alpha which was half wooden, half gold in a Quirky Kit last year. 
- Wood veneer
- One PL filler card




Above the first photo is the layout I made a few weeks ago (blog post available to read), and the second photo is the matching PL layout.
I photographed this PL layout outside the page protector to try and reduce the glare. 

I decided to include 7 photos all portrait and 3x4 inches in size. I used the Silhouette studio software (which is free to download even if you don't have a machine like me) to collage and print my photos.


For my title card I added a 6x4 inch piece of the Merry Days Frosty Days paper which matches the paper I used on the accompanying layout. As this is such a busy paper I kept the embellishing very simple, I used matching wood veneer to my layout. I also added the beautiful pink ice skates from the Merry Days ephemera pack, with some glue dots for dimension.  I love how you can see two girls skating on this section of the paper I cut - perfect for my photos, and a complete fluke - I couldn't have planned it better!



In the bottom right pocket I added a 4x6 section of the beautiful vellum, and layered behind a full 4x6 card of journalling about our day and our tickets. I added the wood veneer tab (from my stash) to show the reader that there is something to pull out and read. 
I absolutely love how this pocket looks with the ticket and journalling peeking through the vellum. It also allowed me to fit so much journalling onto the layout easily. 

Because of these two busy pockets I kept the rest of the layout very simple, normally I do add embellishments to the photos as well, but this time I decided to keep them plain. 


I added one filler card from my stash, and fussy cut out one snowglobe from the vellum. It was easy to adhere by hiding the glue behind the dark tree. 


This layout was super quick and easy to make and helped me to showcase lots of photos and journalling - my favourite parts of scrapbooking!
See you at the weekend for another layout with the Nov/Dec kit.

Natalie x


No comments:

Post a Comment