Scrappy Scraps Saturday

Hi! Leo here again today to share a layout I just finished up this Saturday morning.
When I'm scrapping I accumulate a lot of scrap paper bits and pieces, off cuts and the like, odd random ephemera bits and stickers. I tend to put them in my kit bag and as one kit moves on to another I tip the scraps into one bag so that after a time I have a bag of random bits and pieces. So for this layout I decided to tackle my scraps bag head on and create a layout from the bits and pieces inside. To start with I tipped out the bag and here's what it looked like:


I started out by punching out squares from the patterned paper pieces. The punch I used is a Woodware one, it's about 1 1/4 inch square. Once I'd done punching out from a paper piece I binned the rest of the sheet so I wasn't left with any big scraps bar a few bigger pieces I kept to one side. The smaller pieces I punched out into rectangles the same size and eventually used them to tuck under the square layers. Some other bits like the 'adventures' phrase I cut from one of the paper scraps, (I believe it's a Crate Paper sheet from the July/August 2018 kits). My photos I already had at this size. I cleaned up my album from the year before last and changed around some layouts so I was left with a few photos to sort out again. This also inspired me to use Laura's sketch with the small photos.


On some of the paper squares I stapled on ephemera. I think most of these I had in my bag were from the Pinkfresh Simple and Sweet set from May/June 2018 kits.
Then it was just a case of layering up the squares until I was happy. I followed Laura's Sketch for the 'For The Love of Pretty Paper' Sketch Saturday this is the one:


Here's the finished layout:


It was a really fun layout to put together and I made use of almost every bit of paper in my scrap bag! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment