Fun with 'filling in' the blanks

Hi Leo here!

I've been puttering around with some of the new kit goodies this week. I've got two more on the go but this one is the layout I've finished first:


I started out on a different layout using the cut file from the Lite Kit, more on that one in a later post! The cut file is an outline that I was filling in with photos and paper and it set me off onto wanting to create more shapes I could 'fill in' with papers. I decided on some stars to work with the birthdays theme of my photos on this layout. I also made some number shapes.

All I did was use the 'offset' feature in the Silhouette software to make an outline around a simple star shape then the 1st and 2nd numbers were just typed then selected and the offset tool used again to make the outline around each of those.  The 'distance' bit is just the thickness of the outline so you can set that to whatever you'd like it to be on your shape, then if you want rounded corners or straight ones.

Those I then cut out and I've glued them over the top of patterned paper pieces then cut out around them to fill them in. The stars would be pretty easy to create without a cutting machine.




As well as using the frame pieces I also used the cut out middles. I ran some old scissors around the edge of these to distress them a bit. It just helps to 'lift' them a bit on the page too.

At this stage I'd glued down all the stars on to my background paper. I've not glued them completely flat, I've added glue in the middles and let the edges pop up a little bit. The smaller star I've left as an outline piece, I didn't fill it in with paper.


Next I added my photos. I matted each one onto white cardstock and used 3D foam pads on the backs to attach them to the layout. I also added 3D foam pads to the '1st' and 2nd' embellishments I'd made.


After all my created page elements were added I grab my kit stickers stash and began to add those all around my layout. I picked out the 'Party' and 'Celebrate' Thickers from the main kit pack.


I also picked out the 'chipboard chat' stickers in the main. I've used more 3D foam pads to attach them to keep them level with the photos.


I've added some of the little alpha stickers from the pack in the main kit too:


I added a few more of the Whimsical stickers from the sticker book and some glued down scattered sequins to finish.


Now I'll get back to my original layout! I've been fussy cutting the flowers from the Whimsical paper in the main kit for it and it got a bit boring, hence the detour into a different layout. I even started a third layout that might end up getting finished before that first one I started!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment