Spring Lamb - Nicola


Hey crafty peeps!

Nicola here to share another layout with you all.

As I mentioned in my last post I've been quite short of time lately so my layouts have generally been quite quick and fairly simply and this layout is no exception. So for this layout I decided I wanted to use the pretty floral wreath paper but didn't want to just layer up on top so I (rightly or wrongly) cut the paper in half and fussy cut out one side. I then curled a few of the leaves slightly to help them stand out on the page.







Initially I thought 'oh no what have I done?! But I stuck with it and I'm fairly happy with how it turned out so I know it can be tempting to use this sort of paper as is but don't be scared to try something a bit different with it. Most of my layouts come together through trial and error as I don't really 'plan' them as such; I just pull out papers, cut bits up and play around until I'm happy.








Anyway, I then layered a couple of the other gorgeous papers after roughing up the edges of the top layer (a favourite of mine just to add some dimension if it's looking too flat). I matted my photo on to white cardstock, added the sparkly title and few stickers and embellishments from the kit. Finally, I splattered on some gold distress spray stain from my stash.

These papers are just so pretty that I know it can be tempting to hoard them - but get stuck in! They'll look even better in your albums ;)


Nicola x

No comments:

Post a Comment