Lite Kit Layout & more stamping without stamps!

I've begun with the May/June Lite kit 'My Favourite Colour is Rainbow'. All the May/June kits have a rainbow colours theme and the Lite kit name is actually a quote from my mum who always claims her favourite colour to be 'rainbow'!

Here's my finished layout:

To begin with I wanted something to mat my photo too so picked out one of the squares on a paper from this Stay Sweet sheet and cut it out. I did need to trim my photo a bit to fit it.


I tucked a few of the flower embellishments from the kit under my photo and down one side:

Next I started to build up my layout by added a piece of the Jillibean Soup patterned paper, (yellow hearts) to the centre of a sheet of the white cardstock. I then cut out some of the tags from the bite sized bits Jillibean Soup paper and added them over the paper along with my photo piece.

I used some of the twine, (used to wrap your kit up with in your box) to create a 'wrap around' look. So the idea was I started with one end glued down to the cardstock background then threaded the twine through the holes in all the tag embellishments to work the whole way around the photo. Some of the tags I fixed down with 3D foam pads to give dimension.
Once I'd got back to the top I trimmed off the twine and tucked it under the large blue flower and added more glue to fix it down.

Following in the idea of stamping with no stamps, (it gets addictive once you start finding new things to stamp with!) I carved out a little squareish shape from the end of a pencil eraser to use as a background stamp. 

It's a fun way to just add a little finishing touch to a plain background.

There we have it all done. 
Super quick, fun and easy because everything, (bar the pencil and the ink) came in the kit so I wasn't spending ages faffing, (is that just a Yorkshire thing faffing? i.e procrastinating to the point of not getting anything productive done. It's another one of my mums sayings!) around looking for things to use.

xx Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment