Got there in the end

Hi, Leo here with a new layout using the latest main kit.
I started this layout ages before I finished it. I decided to start out using the cut file. My cut file got pinched by tricky little ones fast fingers and when I finally prized it from the toddler death grip it'd fallen into it was a little bit worse for wear. To remedy this I decided to add a layer of texture paste to flatten it out. It worked a treat! Then after that had dried I decided I didn't like the colour but didn't know what colour to make it so it ended up sat on my desk for another few days! Finally today I decided to tackle it and not stop until I'd finished my layout!
First thing to tackle was the colour. I liked the sandy texture of the paste as it worked with my beach theme and I also really liked the colour of the Pinkfresh 'Hope' paper from the main kit so I decided to go for a similar colour and mix in some more texture paste. I added some white acrylic paint and a small sprinkle of Sea Green Brusho then a dash of water to bring everything together.


Here's the mixed up version!

I spread the mix out onto the cut file using a store card and a scraping action. Then left the whole thing to dry. Once dry I cut it apart into long pieces. I also cut out the flowers on the Hope paper and added some glitter glue to them. Last thing I did to prep was to mat my photos onto the reverse grid pattern on the Hope paper sheet.
To build my page I picked out the sheet of polka dot white card from the main kit. I cut off a piece of paper from the Hope pape sheet about 5 inches wide and added some extra sprinkles of Heidi Shine in Peach to it before gluing it down off centre.
Next I cut out two strips 1.5 inches wide from the Amy Tangerine Slice of Life Lemonade paper from the main kit. I glued them down using the pattern on both sides along side the Hope paper piece.


Next I picked out my decorated cut file. I added some on my layout with 3D foam pads and some glued down flat. My photos I stuck down with 3D foam pads in between as if they were being held by the flowers, (although at this point I was thinking of it more as seaweed!).


I then added the cut out flowers from the Hope paper in between the cut file and photo layers.

To add my title I used a mix of the stickers from the main kit. A tip for getting a straight title with Thickers is to use a full sheet of card or patterned paper and place it where you want your title with the edges at each side of your layout lined up with the paper edges to give you a straight line to work from.
Next I added some of the Pinkfresh phrase stickers and the Heidi Swapp chipboard stickers concentrating them on the photo cluster area I've created.

The last final touches were more stickers - adding the Pinkfresh Enamel dots down the right side. And a few of the Amy Tangerine stickers within the cluster.

There we go - all finished!

Hope it's inspired you to have a play around with your cut file and to not give up on a stopped in its tracks page either. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment