Attack that kit!

I was really excited this month as I actually got to have a whole kit all to myself! That doesn't always happen for me so I really couldn't wait to get stuck in and have a good play. This kit happens to be my favourite one so far too. I've managed to finish three layouts this afternoon but I've just got one all photographed up to show you right now.

Everything I've used for this layout is from the main kit 'Love of Paper'. I did sneak in a little bit of white and grey ink from my stash. :)

Here's some ideas I used on this layout for you to have a play with......

I dipped a paint brush in some grey mist and flicked it on the yellow stripe paper to give a more subtle inky background:


Use the fabric in the kit to make your own fabric washi tape. Fabric washi tape is so expensive but the effect is really easy to achieve! Just stick a length of doublesided tape to the back of your fabric and then cut around it up to the edge of the tape.


Cut the 'fake' tape into little strips and use just like washi tape. Here I've used it under my photo:


All the papers are actually small strips cut off of the papers with the cut edges slid under one another to create the illusion the paper carries on from one side to the other. The My Minds Eye paper I've used both sides of cutting out a panel using good old decorative edged scissors. I've also used some of the denim as a layer cut into a shape like ribbon and one of the envelopes that's going to make a pocket for my journalling.


See, perfect journalling pocket :)


I used one of the chipboard stars and covered it with another piece of the denim fabric and layered that on top of a piece of the calico trim that I gathered to a point and stitched on the heart button.


I'll be back tomorrow with more layouts! Hope it'll give you a bit of inspiration to go 'attack that kit' as soon as you can rather than letting it sit in the box :D
xx Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment