Getting into the grunge

I've got two more layouts to share today. Both layouts use bits and pieces from both the 'I'm with the Band' and 'Get into the Grunge' Quirky Kits. For both layouts I decided to use a patterned paper as a base adding paper scraps as layers on top. For the first layout I decided to have a play at more of a 'Grungy' look using spray inks both sprayed and painted on to add to the already slightly grungy look of the Crate Paper paper I used as the layout base. I also added a layer of the netting fabric from the Lite kit stitching it in place with my sewing machine and layers of stitching around the edge. Cutting into one side of that also made a handy pocket for the recipe card on the layout too.


I wanted to show a way to use both sides of the same patterned paper in a simple way so again using the sewing machine I trimmed off the top and bottom edges of the paper and turned it over to the pattern on the other side then fixed the strips in place with the paper tape from the main kit and stitched over the top with a zig zag stitch to join the edges of the paper together.
The rest of the layout was built up from scraps of patterned paper and hand cutting out shapes from cardstock.

With the second layout I used the Pink Paislee patterned paper from the main kit as the background. The same technique I used in an earlier layout, (see older posts bellow) created a grungy effect in the background using glitter, just painting PVA glue through the holes in the Punchnella from the main kit then sprinkling glitter over it. I used more off cut strips of paper to build up the background along with some of the speech bubble shapes cut from the 'Think Good Thoughts' paper and a hand cut firework shape from cardstock.
 
I'll be back later this week with some card ideas using the remaining kit bits and piece I've got left over. The new kit goodies are beginning to arrive so I'll be starting the sneak peeks for the upcoming kits 'Northern Lights' and 'Twinkle Twinkle' next week! x Leo

1 comment:

  1. Fab pages - especially love the YUM one and those fireworks photos are impressive :o)

    ReplyDelete