Anything but pink

I grabbed a whole host of photos to use with the kit as I mentioned on my last post. I then discovered that most of them include red somewhere whereas the kit has a fair amount of pink in it. I wasn't prepared to let that stop me though!
I decided that I wanted to tone down the pink a little but also use some more of the cardstock to stamp some butterflies, so  I cut some of the paper out from the middle
using the very tough technique of drawing round the patterned paper I was planning to use (on the back of the cardstock) and making sure what I cut out was smaller than that! You can use maths but a pencil will do...

I have two matching sets of Clearly Besotted stamps which use a gingham similar to the checks on the kids clothes. I stamped the square randomly, not inking up between every stamping, all around the edge
I inked the striped paper with black ink and chose a few other papers to layer up. Those with white borders I left uninked for a change. I then stamped and die cut some butterflies.
The lovely button trim was a bit too brown for my needs so I covered it with paint (which just soaked in) and then Opal Liquid Pearls which toned it down a treat and kind of matches the buttons on the shirts
I carefully added Glossy Accents around 3 edges of the photo and pressed the pink chain down into it gently to frame the photo
And finally I used pink Stickles to cover the thickers and make them more
Adding Stickles to thickers of any kind changes them completely and gives them a bit of on trend bling. I love it!
To make the journalling visible I painted a corner of the paper with cream paint. To be honest I am still trying to remember if those outfits were dark blue or in fact grey. There is definitely red smocking on the dress and to be fair - it was 16 years ago! It is a great memory to cherish and I am glad that I had the chance to put it on paper (and for the record Carys still looks best in navy blue)

No comments:

Post a Comment