Mixing It Up

Hi there.  I've a couple of cards to share today that use the soon-to-be released Crafty Templates - so a bit of a sneak preview of what's coming your way.

For this one I've used lots of papers from a couple of recent Quirky Kits - most of the pieces I needed were quite small so it was a good way to use up some really tiny pieces of paper that I just can't seem to throw away.  I wonder how small a piece of favourite paper has to be before you will actually bin it?
To make the umbrella sit off the the surface of the card yet still fold down for fitting in an envelope I've used a box hinge.  If you think of the cover section of a matchbox you'll get the idea of what one of these looks like. Make one out of a piece of scrap card to fit behind the pop-out section  For a large piece like this I made the box so that the umbrella stands about 1.5cms from the card.
By adhering 1 of the "faces" to the back of the pop-out piece and glue the opposite face of the hinge to the card. the other two faces remain clean.  Once dried the folds in the hinge allow you to squash the pop-out down.  It's worth double-checking before you stick anything that the card box hinge won't show when you do squash it down though.
I made the plants in 2 different sizes.  The smaller ones are actually fixed to the inside of the umbrella shape, the larger ones to the card itself.


On my second card I've used one of my old Craft Robo cutting templates and teamed it with a Crafty Templates Plant in Pot template from the 
"coming soon" set of templates

These flowers and pots are so cute and I know I'll be using them both on lots of projects.  The one I've used on this card is the "loopy" flower.  On Leo's template it has a spiral centre - it reminded me so much of the coiled roses I use so often, that I couldn't resist adding one for the centre of the flower.
I also cut a second set of leaves to add some extra dimension, and a tiny ribbon bow around the pot to make it look more of a gift.
That's it for this time.  I hope I've whetted your appetite for the new templates - they are a really fab set and I'm looking forward to sharing more of the things I'm making this month.

All the info about Crafty Templates and Quirky Kits can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment