Doing it Bokeh style

Hi there!

Hope you are having a good week, we are over the hump now and looking forward to half term! :)

My Layout today uses papers from the main 'Stitch in Time' Kit and some bits from the 'Sampler' embellishment kit too.
I used the Close Knit 'mended' PP over a Kraft cardstock base and took the ribbons from the main kit using the giant rickrack as a border under the stripy ribbon. I used staples to attach the ribbon, so much easier than glue or tape! For the photo mat I took the aida from the sampler kit and a piece of AC polka dot party, tucking in various stickers, doilies and bags to create layers and interest. I still felt the layout felt a little dull after adding my embellishments so, inspired by the AC polka dot paper, I decided to have a go at stamping out a bokeh effect. I used a solid circle stamp and stamped random circles, making sure not to reink every time so that some circles were less defined than others using turquoise and white inks. A final little border of text stamping meant that I didn't feel the need for a title, because really, the stamping says it all!

Even though the stamping was very much an afterthought and not part of the plan, I love how it turned out and will definately have another go at bokeh style stamping. If you have a go too I would love to see it!

Thanks for reading today, it won't be long before I'm back with more examples and (I hope) inspiration.

Nikki xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment