Tarted up

I took the idea of repeated photo mats from Sketch Six of the booklet but then ignored most of the rest of the sketch!
I wanted an opportunity to let that fabulous WRMK vellum paper shine. At first I had backed it with white cardstock but when I tried the yellow I found it both muted what had been quite a bright shade and it let the silver really sparkle. It also seemed like a good opportunity to use a hafty chunk of that Studio Calico Lemon Lush paper which I really, really love
Yes it is another trip down memory lane - this time the story of when I was about to get married. I was finishing a temporary job at Woolworths Accounts Office. They were very generous with gifts and cards but also insisted on dressing me up as a tart and parading me round the whole building. Why a tart? Well because when I got married I was going off to train as a Minister (or Vicar). Being the ONLY person in fancy dress is not that much fun to be honest....

I pulled out from the kit all the pieces that were silver, green and yellow. I also added some washi tapes (the bird one is from a previous kit). The squared paper is also from the last kit. I was going to journal on it at one point, changed my mind but kept it there anyway.

I wasn't going to go round everything with pen but the Jillibean Soup phrase just seemed to get lost on the silver. So I did. To be honest I could start almost every layout account with "I decided not to outline... but then I did" as I don't seem happy with the definition without it.
I had fun with the various clips I used
I like the word ones on the dark part of the photo as they give some interest (and hopefully draw the eye away from my ridiculous get up)
I wanted to add a little silver to the burlap embellishment so rubbed some silver ink onto them. The effect is subtle but it is there
I also added silver to the letter stickers from last months kit - but they were kind of grey anyway. The gems are from last months kit. The yellow arrow was a last minute addition so that the larger subtitle points the way to the actual title. It comes from my stash and is by Studio Calico. I don't often do hidden journalling but the story I recounted above is given in a little more detail and stuck in the envelope. I added a little pull out tab to let the really curious know that there is more to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment