Getting a bit painty #1

Leo is encouraging us to try and be a bit more arty with these kits - adding in sponge brushes and paint and suggesting we paint with the mist as well. I have found that I use a lot more mist as paint or in sprinkles, than I do spraying it out of the bottle these days. Partly because I can't be bothered to keep washing out nozzles (and I am rubbish at that) and also because I have (slightly) more control over where my mist goes.
So I decided to experiment with painting with mist... on a layout about mist.
My photo was taken (far too) early in the morning on my journey to Shetland. The big island decided to act a bit coy that day.
I decided to limit myself to the Lite kit (Along the Pier) for this, apart from the Peach Heidi Swapp mist. If you don't get both kits I am sure you have some mist in your stash somewhere. Or if not you could use Distress Inks as watercolours, or acrylic paints watered down to get the same kind of effect.

I thought that the Studio Calico Tickets Please paper would be a good neutral base (and was grey like the day!) With the main kit Leo added some sketch ideas and this is loosely based on one of them. I was also inspired by the Elle Studio Shine "So bright" paper as I thought that rays of sunshine would be a nice ironic twist to my story.
I chopped and layered some of the papers, including cutting out a disc from the Shimelle "Granville" paper, tucking in a ticket and writing on the Elle Studio Snippets journalling card.
I wanted to extend the sun rays so grabbed a large sunshine stencil I have and some white embossing paste and set to work. I love the texture of the paste (and, ok, I find smoothing it out in large quantities quite hard) so decided to leave lots of lines within it.

Then when the paste was dry, I poured out a little of the Colourshine Mist into a bowl and using a sponge brush, painted it on. You can't quite see all the sparkle and shine in my photo, but trust me it is there
Afterwards I went round the edge of the papers with a fine grey pen. It just subtly separates out the patterned papers. The base paper had a snippets detail in the top right hand corner so I also outlined each of those little bits to stop them looking so flat. A gorgeous Flair badge on the top and the layout is done

No comments:

Post a Comment