Mixing and Matching

Hi! Leo here again.

I've been playing around with the three new kits some more. First up is my card for Daring Cardmakers this week, which I've made mixing up goodies from all three new kits:

Used: Paper, charm, navy shell button and sequins from main kit. Washi tape, wooden heart and plastic flower from embellishment kit. Gems from the Lite kit.

The label was made by typing out the sentiment onto one of the kit digi labels, (you can get them here) before printing it out. I also found that the smallest gems in the pack from the Lite kit fit into the centres of the flower sequins and I think they look really pretty against with the white on white? You could use them like this on a scrapbook page background too. The gems in the embellishment kit would work too.

Next I made another autumnal recipe layout using just the main kit. The recipe card was made with white card edged with patterned paper strips and a printed digi label glued in the top corner. The card is loose and it's slipped inside the top of the paper layer on the lower half of the layout which has the top edge open.


I could've left the letters blue as they are but I wanted to colour them to match the layout theme so I first used white acrylic paint to colour over the top and left that to dry.


 I then painted over different colours over the top. I liked the texture so I used a dry paint brush and neat paint, (with no water) to allow some of the white to show through. If you wanted to recolour the alphabets and keep them glittery you could paint over the tops with glue and sprinkle a different coloured glitter over the top.


Finally I've got another mix up layout. Here I've mixed up the Sept/Oct Lite kit and embellishment kit. I've also used some of the digital cut out files that were in the extras store, (you can try out one of these here, to cut out with your Silhouette just open the saved image in Studio and use the Trace feature to get the cutting line then delete the original image).
I use some kraft coloured card left over from the Jan/Feb kit. I love how you can make new embellishments like this from old scraps of paper.


I cut up the Echo Park 'Simple Life' paper to make more embellishments for the page, don't think of the paper just as cut-up-able for the card shapes as there are lots of cute illustrations and patterns to cut out on each card that you can snip out and mix up.

On the edge of the layout I've used three strips of paper glued down at slight angles just to create a different layering effect. Layer them down along the edge and then cut off the overlapped edges to the straight edges of the background cardstock.


Hope these have given you some ideas for mixing up your kits and matching kit goodies to your layouts!
I'll be back over the weekend with something a bit special - if you're looking to get into scrappy journals but not sure where to start I've got some ideas to share - be forewarned there will be links to buy pretty goodies so you may want to grab some paper to make your wish list for Santa!

If you have a Christmas Quirky Kit too and are looking for ideas I'll be starting the mini album properly in November to give me the push to finish using the Sept/Oct kits first. I have been playing a little with the kit before I made myself put it away and I'll be adding cool things I find online to the Christmas Kit Pinterest Board, http://www.pinterest.com/craftytemplates/christmas-2014-quirky-kit/

x Leo

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layouts and I love the sentiment on your card, so cute!

    ReplyDelete