Quirky snap

I love the photo that is on the first layout that I did with the Lite lit - Carrot Cake Muffin
The quality of the photo is not great - I travelled for 2 hours on 2 ferries from one end of the Shetland Islands to the very top of Unst... and found I had left my camera at my friends house. So all I had were rather grainy Blackberry shots (Blackberry's are not famed for their photo quality) and that will have to do.
 
 And I think you can see why I had to take a photo. This most notherly in the UK bus shelter gets a new look every year. I was going to try and make a layout with just the Lite kit but you will see that I could not resist a few extra embellishments from the other kits that were just the perfect finishing touches - especially that chipboard "good idea" in South African colours! 
The layout is based on another Leo sketch. To begin with, the red cardstock (the leftover strips from the Beautiful bus stop layout in the post below) was the top and bottom of the right hand side but it didn't look right so I found some vellum, inked it and filled in the gaps. 

Geometry not being my strong point, it took a bit of working out to get those diagonal stripes in place but I managed in the end!
The letter stickers are the Jillibean Soup ones from the kit but my trusty Sharpie pen came into the fore once more and turned them black.
After adding the journalling, it was just a case of adding that red heart and two of the gorgeous Prima flowers from the Lite Kit.
Who needs a great photo to make a great page?
(Well.... they are nice but basically don't beat yourself up if you don't have one. Better to get the memory recorded in my opinion and use lovely papers and embellishments like this kit to show them off as best as you can)
And if you want to see the Unst shelter in all its glory look on Facebook or go here to see what it was like in past years

No comments:

Post a Comment