Oh those camels

This layout came together really quickly. It just uses the Makin a List Lite kit which is now sold out (I'm not surprised as it is lovely). I wanted to showcase some of that wonderful patterned Websters Pages vellum. Did I manage it?
I am a bit cross with myself that I didn't let the gold krylon pen dry enough and so the top piece of vellum has some extra gold bits on. Sigh. I have an extra wide gold pen which is great for edging. But needs drying....
I gained some consolation from the fact that the pink/purple (can't really work out which it is) Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather Collection ‘Cold Snap’ patterned paper is an exact match for the cover on the camel. That sort of thing always makes me happy! 
The first thing I did was sprinkle some Heidi Swapp gold Colour Shine onto the white cardstock. I added some papers to the left hand side and stuck down my vellum pieces with some gold washi tape from a previous kit. Honestly? It didn't stick very well at all so I added some tiny glue dots around the vellum which holds it better. The three photos were mounted on foam pads. Which meant that despite my trying to consider it beforehand, when I realised that the photo on the far right wasn't where I wanted it to be, I had to leave it there. Sigh.

I put the gold letters onto some acetate so that I could give them a black outline using a Sharpie pen as I thought they might need some more definition with all the gold about. You need to be careful doing this as the letters are very delicate.
I layered up tags at the top and bottom of the page, raising some on foam pads for interest.

I couldn't decide where to put the journalling as I didn't want to distract from that vellum so in the end I wrote it down the side with a thin gold Krylon pen.
What I missed from the journalling is that the camels are about 40 years old :)



No comments:

Post a Comment