Miraculous Noss

Yippee! The new kits are here.
I went to my local(ish) crop on Saturday and managed to make 1 and 2 half layouts, then managed to finish those and do a few more on Monday. Hey these Quirky Kits are inspirational.
So here is my first layout - just using the Main Kit - Make your mark.
Here's the thing. The photos of this event just don't do justice to what I could see. You may think the bottom photo is covered in black dots but those are all birds. The camera just couldn't pick them up. So I needed to be able to scrap this memory in order to write down what I saw. And as you can see, I had a lot to share!

I used one of my go to effects which is to cut different sizes stripes and lay them down. The dark blue patterned paper you can see? That is as much as there was as it is the name strip from the "Sugar Sugar" American Crafts paper. But it was a great fit with the blue of the boat.
I cut out some words and images from the Simple Stories Elements paper and cut round some of the stickers on the 12x12 sheet, keeping the backing on initially so that I could play about with placement. I also thought that the vellum splats were perfect for this page as what you can see on the two photos is all the (ahem) guano left by the birds on the rocks and the splats did remind me of that :) :) :)

I did some double outlining as I was using so many patterns - going round the edge with a black Sharpie and inside with a thin felt pen. I love the way my inner lines can never be totally straight, gives a more eclectic feel (I like to tell myself).
Then I took a while moving everything about in order to layer it
The little clouds are Lawn Fawn dies and were a late edition as I wanted a few more things to tie the left hand side with the right.
Some of the phrases were raised on foam pads
For the journalling I used the plain black side of the WRMK Love notes paper. I cut 1cm strips and tried to make sure I stopped in a good place in order to go onto another line. The chalk marker is fab!
All that was left to do was a bit of pen work on the Printshop thickers and I was done.



No comments:

Post a Comment